Saturday, November 5, 2011

November is for thankful hearts


I survived the week. I survived watching every trip and fall and bonk of my very wobbly 21 month old. This isn't a new thing--falling. The new thing for me is knowing that one day my little dare-devil's antics could change her life. But for today, I am grateful that some how her body is behaving its self when the genetic test says otherwise.

This week we people kept telling us that there were many prayers said and good vibes sent in our behalf. I am grateful for this. I really feel that this is helping us to keep walking in faith and avoid paralyzing fear.

Friends and family have been so good about asking what they can do to help and my friend Katie took action and hit the ground running with Addi's first research fundraising campaign. Katie is a very talented children's photographer and offered to donate a whole day's worth of photo sessions to IFOPA. She took some pictures of Addi today to kick off her campaign and gave me a sneak peak. I can't wait to see the rest!

Katie is also getting some awesome vendors to donate some fun prizes to a raffle for IFOPA research! I have also had some friends donate and we are so excited to be able to do something about FOP rather than feel completely helpless. Finding the cure may take years but each penny raised for FOP brings us that much closer. The sooner this cure is found, the sooner we can stop worrying about what could happen to this precious little girl.

I keep telling my self to have a good attitude. On Face book I am trying really hard to think of things I'm grateful for because it makes it easier to see the silver linings of all of those clouds that are hanging around us right now. It's not easy but it is doable. I am thankful for that. I saw this quote and it had meaning to me: 

In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but that gratefulness makes us happy. - David Steindl-Rast

Time to go to bed with a thankful heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...